Monday, June 16, 2008

Snowline @ Baker




I went to James & Ames' cabin by Mt. Baker for a wonderful weekend. Their place is really great, more luxury than cabin. Most of the hikes in the area were covered with snow, but we went up for several miles on this service road and finally got the view we had been hoping for. The day was perfect, the dogs had a great time of it, though they were pooped out towards the end and needed to be carried. Jelly Bean is a boulder, she weighs 33 pounds! You pick her up and she almost knocks you over she is such a dense mass of muscle. Gordy was picking up all the scents of the wild along with Esme. Bron Aimee's mom and Jay, her boyfriend stayed as well. Fresh bear scat, the remnants of a slaughtered deer and a patch of snow (heaven for Esme) were highlights of the hike. Mom.





2 comments:

Shelly... said...

Awesome mountain scenery!
I love the new dog! I bet she could show my boys who is the boss!

Uncle James said...

Jelly Bean or JB would probably enjoy meeting the boys. Hopefully that will happen sometime soon... She is a tank and she prances around like she is tough, but she is really a teddy bear. She does get pretty feisty when another dog tries to sniff her backside. I could just see tug getting too close and getting snapped at :)